728x90- NOOK Simple Touchâ„¢ with Glowlight

Lawsuit? Frank Ocean steals Don Henley's 'Hotel California', calls it paying 'homage'

Written By Alfred Haynes on Thursday, March 1, 2012 | Thursday, March 01, 2012


Frank Ocean thinks stealing other people's music is a sign of respect.

Ocean, whose real name is Christopher Breaux, isn't talent enough to create real songs; so he stole the music from Don Henley's Hotel California, added some jacked up lyrics, and renamed the Eagles' classic, American Wedding.

Ocean's blatant copyright infringement has caught the attention of Warner Bros. Records and he may be facing a lawsuit.

Instead of acting like a man and admitting he did something wrong, Ocean showed his true colors when he released the following statement:

He (They) threatened to sue if I perform it again. I think that’s f*ckin awesome. I guess if I play it at coachella it’ll cost me a couple hundred racks. If I don’t show up to court, it’ll be a judgement against me & will probably show up on my credit report. Oh well. I try to buy my shit cash anyway. They also asked that I release a statement expressing my admiration for Mr. Henley, along with my assistance pulling it off the web as much as possible. Shit’s weird. Ain’t this guy rich as f*ck? Why sue the new guy? I didn’t make a dime off that song. I released it for free. If anything I’m paying homage.

Someone needs to explain to Ocean that you don't have to profit from an illegal act in order for it to be considered a crime. No matter how you slice it... stealing is stealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment rules: ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME HERE. However, posting links to other websites, email addresses, and telephone numbers is not allowed. Comments containing racial or ethnic slurs, or derogatory names aimed at the LGBT community, are prohibited.